Applications: Measure the particle size distribution of powder or latex.
LS-POP (9) is a new cost-effective laser particle size analyzer designed and manufactured by Omec relying on powerful R&D managerial experience from Spectris and combining the market application features of LS-POP(6)- the star product and sales champion at present after Omec joining in UK Spectris plc. It will bring a feeling of freshness to powder industry with higher testing performance.
Applications: Measure the particle size distribution of powder or latex.
Principle: Light is an electromagnetic wave. When light meets with particles on it way of traveling, the interaction between light and particles will result in deviations of part of the light, which is called light scattering. The bigger the scattering angle is, the particle size will be smaller, the smaller the scattering angle is, the particle size will be bigger. The particle analyzer instruments will analysis the particle distribution according to this physical character of the light wave.
1. Theory: Mie scattering
2.: Measuring Range: 0.1～750μm
3. Sample Feeding: wet dispersion
4. Repeatability: <1% (standard sample D50)
5. Scan frequency: 1 kHz
6. Measurement Duration: 1-2 minutes
7. Number of Detectors: 49
8. Light Source: He-Ne laser, 2.0 mW, 0.6328 μm
9. Environmental Requirement:
10. Report Items: Particle size distribution table & graph, Average diameter, Median diameter, SSA, etc.
11. Dimension（L X W X H）：838 X 265 X 295mm（mainframe）
1. Reliable optical platform
1.1. Use horizontal straight light path layout, no reflecting prism, light path is stable and reliable.
1.2. Good designability for base, good consistency of light path.
1.3. GB/T4857.18 drop test has been passed.
1.4. Laser power module uses irrigation methods for sealing, good moisture resistance.
1.5 Modular construction design, maintenance is more convenient.
1.6 The all-in-one housing design, it’s dust-protected and water-proof.
2. Optimized light path structure
Schematic diagram of optical path
2.1. Light path adopts lens back Fourier transform structure.
2.2. Optical source adopts He-Ne laser emitter which owns better monochromaticity, high coherence, small divergence angle and good stability compared to other laser emitters, we also adopt the patent design of integrated laser emitter(patent no.: 00228952.0) which reduces heat distortion of laser tube and external mechanical vibration.
2.3. For laser emitter, except for traditional detection of output power value, we add the stability test of output power.
2.4. Smoothing processing technology is used to reduce the impact of power fluctuation to measurement.
2.5. Backward detector is added, the lower limit of measurement is extended to 0.1micron.
2.6. Detector array adopts unique scattered light detection around a sphere surface (DAS) (patent no.: 95223756.3), the large angle detectors are placed in a spherical surface to get accurate focus of the large angle scattered light.
3. Advanced data collection and processing technology
3.1. Using 8-channel simultaneous sampling to sample 16 bit ADC, the sampling frequency of frame data can reach 1 kHz.
3.2. Using 64-channel simultaneous sampling technology and sample & hold switch with ultralow leakage current, the full scale accuracy can reach 0.15%.
3.3. Offset function of electric background, it can help to get more accurate optical energy data.
3.4 Data collecting board adopts 32 bit CPU which is manufactured by famous ARM Company, it owns
high-efficiency signal processing capacity and low power consumption.
4. Friendly & practical software Functions:
4.1. SOP standardization operating procedure function, analysis & testing process standardization
4.2. Multiple distribution models：Rosin-Ramler mode, general mode, enhanced mode, Single mode
4.3. Multiple report models：General purpose, sieving, percentage, average, statistics and fitting reports
4.4. Two accumulative directions: small to large, large to small
4.5. Reports in two languages：Chinese, English
4.6. Reports can be exported as PDF, Excel format or other text format files
4.7. Multiple reports can be opened at the same time, easy to compare among reports
4.8. Report items can be revised according to different industries’ requirements, also can be set as fixed report format.
4.9. Complete, open database of sample material, owns more than 200 kinds of commonly used material parameters. Users can define refractive index parameters by themselves, including real part and imaginary part (correspond to the absorption of sample)
4.10. Automatic clear of electric background
5. Sampling system and others
SCF-105B Circulating Sample Feeding System
5.1 Technical features of SCF-105B Circulating Sample Feeding System
1. Concise and fluent design, elegant appearance.
2. Self-priming pump owns automatic water feeding, drainage and cleaning functions.
3. Realize the communication with the instrument mainframe, all control and actions are executed by software.
4. The system adopts centrifugal pump structure, high cycle efficiency, high capacity and rapid flow rate.
5. Brushless DC motor (imported from Switzerland), adopts round belt drive, can efficiently reduce the vibration and noise
6. Sample cell adopts open design for the convenience of operation.
7. Motor speed: 0～4000r/min, can realize stepless adjustment, control accuracy: ±20 rpm
8. Capacity of sample cell: 500ml, maximum flow of circulation loop: ≥2.5L/min
9. Built-in bottom ultrasonic function, power can reach 50W, ultrasonic power and time can realize stepless control.
10. Modular design, convenient for overhauling and maintenance.
SCF-108 circulating sampling system
5.2 Technical features of SCF-108 circulating sampling system
1. Modular design, operation is convenient.
2.Use unique centrifugal pump circulating structure of lantern pattern（patent no.: 2012204087053）.
3. Circulating pump body uses high-quality SU316 stainless steel.
4. Imported continuous current dynamo with original packing, can realize 600~4000 rpm stepless speed control, has high-efficient cleaning and draining ability.
5. Built-in 40 KHZ ultrasonic frequency, power is stepless adjustable, maximum power: 100w, ultrasound time: 0 ~ 30 minutes (stepless adjustable)
6. Use the design of downward water flow dispersion technology, the dispersion effect keeps good even for high-density samples.
7. Advanced circulation loop design, particles are not easy to drop, the test data can reflect the real character of samples effectively.
8. Standard configuration of 1000ml sample pool, the capacity can be changed as required.
SCF-126 circulating sampling system
5.3 Technical features of SCF-126 circulating sampling system
1. Most of the overall structure uses stainless steel.
2. Small volume for circulation loop and sample cell, it will consume fewer dispersants.
3. Can be used for the measurement of valuable powder samples.
4. Sampling system uses centrifugal pump structure, selects imported motor, speed: 450~3500 rpm (stepless speed control).
5. Use precision potentiometer knob to adjust the motor speed to realize stepless speed regulating.
6. Speed control circuit owns speed detection module, it can control the rotate speed of water pump accurately.
7. Use external DC 24V power module for power supply, it can improve the safety factor of system.
8. The pipeline of sample feeder can resist the corrosion from weak acid and weak base properly.
9. The user can select the configuration of anti-corrosion, the internal pump body’s sealing ring uses FKM, the external pipeline may use EPDM or FKM.
Remark: The density of powder particles will influence the dispersion effects of sampling system largely, we can offer appropriate sample feeder according to customers’ different demands.
Report of LS-POP (9): please view next page.